Saturday 21 June 2014

Mid year update....

Once again, hockey season has seen all adventures come to a grinding halt.  Arrrggghhhh.  Am I old enough to retire yet?  Do I REALLY want to hang in there until I hit 40 and try to earn NZ representative honours and a silver fern, playing masters hockey?

Since Rotorua Marathon, I've done Sweet F*** All.  Which will be henceforth known as SFA. 

SFA running.  25m sprints on and 50m jogs on the hockey field.  From lofty heights we fall.

SFA biking.  I actually just literally scratched my head trying to come up with some riding I've done.  I did hit the Redwoods yesterday, and good friends made up for a lack of riding due to broken bodies and broken bikes.........

SFA adventures.  I DID do an adventure race.  But finding a teammate was probably more tiring than the actual race.  Wasn't even sore the next day.  I did have fun though, and it was a bit adventurous.

I HAVE ENTERED TARAWERA ULTRA MARATHON.  After 18 months of obsession, my name is on the starters list.  Within 20 minutes of entries opening on June 1. 

There is my name.


So, after 6 weeks of complete slothfulness, I guess I need to start running.  Soon. 

Actually, I've just realised I lied.  I did run(and walk) from Te Puke Quarry Road to Otanewainuku.  Unfortunately, Tom left the Garmin flat and I have no data, so we all know that it doesn't really exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment