Thursday 10 September 2015

I've got me a pacer's job!!

Runners who have entered the 100km at Tarawera Ultra Marathon are allowed to have a pacer.  Basically, the pacer's job is to make sure that the runner doesn't get too tired and do crazy things.  There is other stuff too, but that's the gist of it.

I'm taking my pacer's role very seriously, and it's rejuvenated my running which is an added bonus.  The drive to add interesting runs to my elite athlete's training programme to keep her motivated is keeping me motivated.  Last year i had a "Summer of fun runs for TUM" and this year I'm having it again.  For Free!!!!  That's right - it will cost me exactly $0 to run about 40km, feast at the aid stations, enjoy the atmosphere, run the trails.

Just checking I can still run!

Running laps is not my favourite thing - especially when they are 16kms each on a stinking hot day.  Lots of steps but we got there!!  

Out practising running with a headtorch. We are nothing if not thorough in our preparation!

Hitting those crazy days of running more than a marathon in training.  Wet today - but we knocked the bugger off!

Solo running - I was due to hit 22km at this stage.  But 'someone' told me they ran the whole thing.  So of course, I had to run the whole thing.  It was probably 8km too far..............
The day I showed Jade around the Redwoods, Tui style.  And, although the kms were feeling long, I stuck to the plan and took the long way back to the car to hit the kms.  Unfortunately, a group of social walkers we had seen a little earlier made it back to the car before we did, and my runner knew I'd taken her the long way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment