Thursday 12 September 2013

Check this out....

Saturday = 10km run
Sunday = 22km MTB along Papamoa reserves
Monday = 4km pace run
Tuesday = 35 minute windtrainer session
Wednesday = 10km Summerhill night run
Thursday = 40min windtrainer session
Friday = 16km Reserve Mtb


Crikey!!  That's a weeks training!  I've never carried off a training week in my life, not even one with numerous rest days.  I google training plans, read articles about training plans, create lovely colourful grids with training plans, but I never actually DO the training.  I've even made myself sticker charts (I can't help it, I'm a teacher) which have looked like a meagre case of chicken pox with only a few spots.  About a year ago, I just decided to accept the fact that I'm a lazy ass and don't DO training. I DO adventures.  I can work quite hard, run, walk, bike, as long as it's fun and it's not TRAINING. 

Exercise for exercise sake is just dumb.  Won't catch me getting on that bandwagon.  The only purpose of training is so you're not the person coming last when the finish chute has already been packed up.  This has happened to me and is quite traumatic. 

So anyway, did you check out that weeks training??  There are even three 5.30am starts in there.  I'm not sure my body hasn't been taken over by aliens.

But - I'm not training for anything!!  I have a general impression I'd like to improve my running to the point where I might actually enjoy it........... there's a vague team idea for half ironman in December...... but I am not currently motivated by any actual event.

The truth is............. Tom's training.  My husband is one of those men, you know the sort, who ages very gracefully.  He's getting better looking as we get older.  I'm just getting obviously older.  I'm quietly consoling myself that he'll start losing his hair soon, but then he'll just cut it really short and still look fantastic.  So he's training, for half-ironman.  He's swimming with an intense squad twice a week (even though he's not much of a swimmer), he's biking and running.......  and he's getting all strong and fit..............

Luckily, he doesn't read this blog, and was even quite offended when he found out a couple of months ago that I even had a blog and he'd never been invited to read it. 

Anyway, it seems I'm in training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment