Friday 22 November 2013

Fail x 2

Fail #1:  Most people go to their work Christmas function and then lament the effects of alcohol consumption the day before an event.  Seeing as I don't drink, I've had to go to extra lengths to come up with a good excuse for a poor performance in Sundays Tauranga Trail Run at the TECT park.  No run-of-the mill hangover for me, instead I'm sporting a lovely blister from shiny new pointy shoes that looked great but obviously didn't agree with my heels.

Fail # 2:  It is really not a good idea to have your first swim of the new season, starting from right in the middle of Pilot Bay on a brilliantly blue sky day with the beach jampacked full with families and picnics.  While the swimming in itself wasn't remarkable, the contortions required to install myself in the wetsuit (which has obviously dehydrated and shrunk during it's hibernation over winter) were alternately entertaining and appalling to the innocent bystanders. 


No comments:

Post a Comment