Saturday 30 July 2016

GFR - control collection

Great Forest Rogaine  - one of my favourite OBOP events.  But this year (somehow) Tom got priority to race.  :(  I met  him after the race, swapped the kids into his car, and Clare and I headed out in the dark to collect controls.

This turned into a mighty adventure on a squally night, with a number of wallabies making appearances and a general feeling of eeriness in the deserted forest.  I somehow came off my bike while going at snail's pace; and our lighting systems started to die while in the corner of the forest nearest town.  While you'd think it was reassuring that we were near town, actually we were most concerned as it seemed the most likely place someone dodgy would be hiding!

And nothing beats a hot pie at the service station after a hard night!  The attendant seemed a little surprised at my fleecy trackpants but after a few hours out in the chilly rain, they were gold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment