Friday 25 April 2014

W2K

Another Solo Riding, squeezing it in while being chaffeur for Tom and his brother on a couple of MTB trips.

I do the upper section of the W2K, Chinamans trail to Kawakawa Bay, over the hill to Kinloch and then around the headland trail before dropping in to Whakaipo Bay.

The ride has some pretty views over the lake, some stunning rocky outcrops and quiet bays.  But, I'm in a bit of a rush to get back to the family, so as per usual, a quick look and I'm back on my bike.  It's two way, walkers and bikers, so there's not much potential for hands-of-the-brakes "whoop" moments.  Add in a whole lot of switchback corners and a healthy sprinkling of some gluey mud, and this has become more of a training ride than a days mountain biking.

Great to have done it, would be a lovely ride with a group of friends and some gourmet food!

The map timings were very generous, even with the glue slowing me down, I rode in 3.5 hours what they reckoned would be about 6 hours.  But I suppose as a social ride with beautiful picnic spots......?








No comments:

Post a Comment