Wednesday 9 October 2013

Training Plan

Well, I spent hours yesterday sorting a training plan.  I used to love training plans, researching different things I 'should' be doing, setting up my days with a variety of sessions.... then within a couple of weeks they would be discarded, empty of any actual sessions to match those planned.

But, I've managed to maintain some actual training over the last month.  Windtraining excepted, where I missed 2 out of 4 sessions over two weeks, but that was never going to be a winner was it.  I'll blog about the torture of windtraining another day.

Anyway, I spent hours on this plan.  Googling different ones, considering what my goals are, and then exploring ways to use my Garming.  Check out this work of art. 



Pink bits are bikes I've done.  Blue bits are runs I've done.  Yellow and purple bits are my new workouts planned, mostly imported straight from the Garmin training website.  So, I can click on those runs and it tells me this:



That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool.  And it will upload to my watch, and my watch will tell me what to do!!!!!!!!!!  I'm envisaging this Army Major type voice screaming "Warm up over - 2 minute interval fast pace, GOGOGO!!!"  and "You're going TOOOO SLOOOOW! Think this is a picnic???"  and then after 2 minutes a lovely soothing voice "oooh, well done, now you can have one minute slow jog for a little rest". 

It's going to do wonders for my training.  Maybe.  If only it could actually run for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment